16.284 NewZoids on WWW

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty (w.mccarty@btinternet.com)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 02:43:03 EDT

                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 07:41:55 +0100
             From: "Dan Katz" <katzdan@earthlink.net>
             Subject: NewZoid Invitation

    I invite you to visit NewZoid, the artwork that is the world's only source
    of computer-generated false headlines at

    A work of generative art, NewZoid has been producing a constant automatic
    flow of false news headlines since April 2001. It also allows user
    participation and voting.

    It is considered humorous entertainment by some such as Yahoo and new media
    art by others such as Rhizome. I am urging recognition as generative
    literary art, in the great tradition of art that reflects and reacts to the
    realities of its time.

    Best Wishes,
    Daniel Young

    Yahoo Picked NewZoid on 9/25/02

    Dr Willard McCarty | Senior Lecturer | Centre for Computing in the
    Humanities | King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS || +44 (0)20
    7848-2784 fax: -2980 || willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk