Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 15, No. 149.
Centre for Computing in the Humanities, King's College London
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 06:07:48 +0100
From: "Jennifer Vinopal" <email@example.com>
Subject: NINCH Copyright Town Meeting in NYC
NINCH Copyright Town Meeting:
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND MULTIMEDIA IN THE DIGITAL AGE
September 24, 2001
The New York Public Library
Celeste Bartos Forum
Fifth Avenue & 42nd Street
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
* This all day meeting brings together national experts in the field and
practitioners working in a variety of settings to examine the practical
implications of Intellectual Property issues.
* Two keynote speakers, Professor Peter Jaszi (Washington College of Law,
American University) and Linda Tadic (Manager of the Digital Library, Home
Box Office) will explore a number of themes related to non-profit cultural
institutions as Intellectual Property users and owners. Each will moderate
a panel to hear additional reports from six speakers.
* Q&A and an Open Forum are scheduled to allow time for audience
participation in addressing broad issues and specific problems.
* Seating is limited and early registration is advised.
* Please see www.nypl.org/copyright for a fuller description, speaker
and a registration form.
* Sponsored by NINCH (National Initiative for a Networked Cultural Heritage)
as part of its year-long Copyright Town Meetings, The Frick Museum, The New
York Public Library, New York University Libraries and New York University
Information Technology Services.
Jennifer Vinopal / firstname.lastname@example.org
~ Librarian for French & Italian Language and Literature
~ Coordinator, Studio for Digital Projects and Research
Bobst Library, New York University
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Wed Aug 01 2001 - 01:21:50 EDT