14.0513 apologies for encrypted posting

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 11/22/00

             Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:55:37 +0000
             From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk>
             Subject: encrypted posting
    Apologies for Humanist 14.0501, entitled "digitisation course; workshop,
    symposium", which contains following message 2 a very lengthy encrypted
    attachment. My error: I didn't realise what would happen as a result of
    sending along a message with pre-existing attachment. The following message
    from Humanist will contain the substance of 14.0501 without unreadable bits.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but this incident does suggest that messages to
    Humanist should not have attachments if these are meant to be read.
    Thanks to Francois Crompton-Roberts for bringing the problem to my
    Dr Willard McCarty / Senior Lecturer /
    Centre for Computing in the Humanities / King's College London /
    Strand / London WC2R 2LS / U.K. /
    +44 (0)20 7848-2784 / ilex.cc.kcl.ac.uk/wlm/