14.0493 Spectra: digital imaging issue

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 11/15/00

             Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:17:46 +0000
             From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>
             Subject: RESOURCES: Digital Imaging Issue of SPECTRA
    News on Networking Cultural Heritage Resources
    from across the Community
    November 14, 2000
                            Museum Computer Network Announces
                       Special Issue of SPECTRA on Digital Imaging
     >Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:47:41 -0800
     >To: visual-information@listserv.mcn.edu, mcn-l@listserv.mcn.edu
     >From: Guenter Waibel <guenter@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
     >Hi Everybody,
     >I am pleased to announce that a Special Digital Imaging Issue of "Spectra"
     >will be shipping on November 22nd.  Let leaders in the field give you an
     >update on state of the art digital imaging in a museum or archival setting!
     >As the guest editor of this issue, I'd especially like to point your
     >attention to an article by photographer Ben Blackwell investigating the
     >light exposure of sensitive objects during direct digital capture, and a
     >piece by renowned photoshop expert Bruce Fraser discussing color
     >management in archival image files. However, I think you'll find all of
     >the contributions rewarding and well worth your attention.
     >The complete list of articles:
     >* Jill Marie Koelling - Digital Imaging: The New Photographic Research Tool
     >* Carol Hernandez & Robin Lilien - Building a Digital Archive
     >* Dr. S.K. Hastings - What are Digital Image Managers?
     >* Ben Blackwell - Light Exposure to Sensitive Artworks During Digital
     >* Dr Norbert Lossau & Martin Liebetruth - Conservation Issues in Digital
     >* Guenter Waibel - A Holistic Approach to Digital Assets Management
     >* Eileen C. Mathias - The Albert M. Greenfield Digital Imaging Center
     >* Andrew S. Long - Practical Approach to Color Management
     >* Trudy Levy - Do you See What I See?
     >* Bruce Fraser - Issues in Digital Archiving
     >* Colin C. Venters and Dr. Mathew D. Cooper - Content Based Image Retrieval
     >If you are already a member of MCN, you will automatically receive a copy
     >of SPECTRA.  Non-members may order the individual issue for $20 from:
     >Membership Services Office
     >1550 S. Coast Hwy Suite 201
     >Laguna Beach, CA 9265
     >phone: (877) 626-3800
     >fax: (949) 376-3456
     >Guenter Waibel
     >Guenter Waibel
     >Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive
     >Digital Media Developer
     >Digital Imaging SIG Chair, MCN
     >Phone   510-643-8655
     >Fax     510-642-4889
    NINCH-Announce is an announcement listserv, produced by the National
    Initiative for a Networked Cultural Heritage (NINCH). The subjects of
    announcements are not the projects of NINCH, unless otherwise noted;
    neither does NINCH necessarily endorse the subjects of announcements. We
    attempt to credit all re-distributed news and announcements and appreciate
    reciprocal credit.
    For questions, comments or requests to un-subscribe, contact the editor:
    See and search back issues of NINCH-ANNOUNCE at