11.0707 e-text access strategies?

Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:13:31 +0100 (BST)

Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:02:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Jennifer J. Vinopal" <jv3@is.nyu.edu>
Subject: E-text center service models

Hello all:

Here at Bobst Library, NYU, we are re-thinking the way we provide access
to and support for e-text at our library. At present we have cd-roms
loaded on computers but provide minimal tech/research support. We're
seeking another model for access and research assistance which wouldn't
necessarily involve creating a complete e-text center, (possible
alternatives: stand-alone access in the humanities reference center, or
some campus-wide networked access; part-time staffing or use of resources
by appointment only; etc.).

Are any of you out there at institutions which do NOT run full-fledged
e-text centers but still provide decent access and research assistance?
How are you doing it? Any ideas would be extremely helpful.

Jennifer Vinopal
Librarian for Western European
Languages and Literatures
Bobst Library, NYU