11.0527 encoding Japanese

Tue, 20 Jan 1998 22:14:10 +0000 (GMT)

Date: Mon, 19 Jan 98 13:55:02 CST
From: Jim Marchand <marchand@UX1.CSO.UIUC.EDU>
Subject: computing in Japanese

Thanks, Stever, for all the information on Computing in Japanese. Without
getting into Unicode and 16-bit, etc., could I recommend two (getting old)
books which are good for the basics:

1. Ken Lunde, _Understanding Japanese Information Processing_ (O'Reilley,

2. Nadine Kano, _Developing International Software for Windows 95 and
Windows NT_ (Microsoft, 1995).

Both have helped me tremendously in encoding and dealing with Genji, etc.
BTW, Windows NT is Unicode compatible or at least sort of compliant.
Jim Marchand.

Humanist Discussion Group